You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Laparoscopic surgery is a minimally invasive surgical technique used in both humans and animals. A surgical telescope with a camera is inserted through a small keyhole sized incision. This camera allows us to view the magnified organs on a monitor and perform specialized procedures. Additional small incisions are made to facilitate the use of surgical instruments, allowing surgeons to perform a more precise, less painful surgery, and avoiding the traditional longer incisions.
Advantages of Laparoscopic Surgery
* Small incisions in your pet
* Less pain and bruising
* Faster recovery
* Less bleeding
* Quicker return to normal activity
* No prolonged hospital stays
* Less scarring
* More precise surgeries
* Diagnostic Laparoscopy- Exploration of the abdomen
* Laparoscopic Spay
* Ear – video otoscopy for deep ear cleaning
* Rhinoscopy – examination and biopsy of the nose
* Laparoscopic Gastropexy for the prevention of gastric torsion (twisted stomach) in large breed dogs
Laparoscopy is safer and less painful than conventional surgery. It provides faster healing and quicker return to normal activity than traditional surgery. Bay Park Veterinary Clinic is one of only a handful of hospitals in the region to offer this minimally invasive option. We are committed to offering the best care for our patients.
New client exams are only $30!